Saturday, July 11, 2009

Who & Why....Naledge

Being from a city where some of hip-hop's heavy hitters like Kanye, Common, and Lupe Fiasco hail from, one might find it hard to create their own niche'. But after speaking to Chicago's own Jabari Evans or more commonly known as Naledge, one half of the duo Kidz In The Hall, this young artist has set his own path by releasing his very much anticipated mixtape Chicago Picasso.

With the word Picasso in the title one could easily draw the conclusion that Mr. Evans would be painting a picture of the city known for music, food, and bad weather.

"This is my vision of Chicago," said Naledge "This is like the soundtrack to the perfect day in Chicago."

So with many of cities visited on tour, national fame with his group, and a host of collaborations with artists such as Estelle. Clipse, and Bun B it may come to many as a shock that he feels overlooked in his own hometown.

"I could be rated higher than what I am," he said. "I am underrated when it comes to the five best rappers in Chicago."

With Chicago Picasso that is out now Naledge comes full circle with his first solo showing.

"Everyone has their sound," he states "I put this out myself, everything about this mixtape is me."


Naledge,hustlerwitapen

No comments: