Saturday, July 19, 2008

If you haven't heard...

"Being Black In America," will be televised July 23rd and 24th on CNN. The two day series is being hosted by reporter Soledad O' Brien and will take a look at the Black race as a whole. I strongly suggest taking a look at this documentary which may bring a new prespective to people. I hope that reporter Soledad O' Brien brings a different spin to the story besides the usual drugs, crime, and violence topics that are always reported on in the African-American community. I can't wait to see.

Photobucket

2 comments:

GangStarr Girl said...

I gotta see this!

Mrs. Mia said...

I put this on my calendar as a Must See, but I'll tell you, after watching Part 1 of Black in America, I doubt I watch the 2nd part. All I kept thinking to myself is..."tell me something I don't know!" This series is obviously for anyone that's NOT Black in America. Or for those (privileged)Black folks who grew up with a silver/platinum spoon in their mouths. I'm grew up middle class in the heart of Detroit, MI, where ain't sh*t sweet and worsens by the day, hour, minute! I'm working my butt off now to give my 10 year old brother a place of refuge in the summer months so he doesn't have to deal with the foolishness that comes with living in an inner city.

CNN's Black in America was a waste of my time. I need a year long study on some solutions, I'm tried of listening to people exploit and talk about the problems that we know exist. I agree with President Obama, that we need to have more accountability for our children and for our selves. Stop pointing the finger, get off your asses!! In addition, Tavis Smiley's covenant with Black America spells out some personal and community solutions. Each one, reach one!!
Peace ~ Mia