Saturday, June 14, 2008

Who & Why.....

When I first learned of Mickey Factz I thought that he was another New York rapper that was using clothes and money as a way to break into the industry. After reading more about him I realized that I was wrong. Mickey Factz is actually a emcee with a message. He gave me the opportunity to ask him about his image, and why he is "on the verge."


Who is Mickey Factz?


MF: Mickey Factz is the embodiment of Hip Hop in the world. The sound of 2016 and the reason your ear drum was created.

On your Myspace page you say that you can move New York hip-hop forward, how would you say you are accomplishing that?

MF: I'm doing a damn good job by releasing great music weekly. I'm preparing my Ep and Album. Not to mention I'm creating a culture within the realm of music. That is assisting me big time as well. It's deeper than lyrics and rhythm. It's lifestyle and culture.

You have a lot of acclaim surrounding you right now from the media, do you look at that as a good or bad thing?

MF: Its an excellent thing! They know what's about to come forth when it comes to music. I'm creating a mass hysteria via online, television, performing and very soon radio. Press can never be bad.

For little kids growing up that are looking at music as a outlet how would you say that they can relate to you?

MF: I'm what they wanna be when they grow up. I talk about things that affect people my age, younger and older. Its about connecting with the listener. By any means neccesary.

How was it like working with Lauryn Hill?

MF: Amazing. That's the only word that can be used.

What is the best advice you have received so far?

MF: No matter who tries to kill your dreams, you keep going to sleep and living them - LL Cool J
You are known for releasing songs weekly, how many songs do you record on a regular basis?

MF: As many as possible before the engineer gets tired. I have toooooooo many timeless, classic songs, that will never die.

Who would you say you look up to, or are you in a class by yourself?

MF: My style is like resource room, I'm in a class by myself baby. But my inspirations are Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z and myself.

Why are you "On the verge?"

MF: I'm on the verge cause really I'm the best at what I do at the present time. I'm bringing dignity and respect to the forefront of Hip Hop once again.

What is up next for you?

MF: More music, more videos, more hits, more supras, more shows, more interview. Everything that a superstar in the making is supposed to receive. Guggenheim.

Photobucket

Mickey Factz feat. the Cool Kids, "Rockin N Rollin"

No comments: