Saturday, June 28, 2008

Who & Why....

The Thunderkatz is a group straight out of Atlanta that is trying to explode on the music scene. They have accomplished the first step by getting signed onto Irv Gotti's The Inc record label. The group which consists of, O80, Ginger, Jus Jon, Mel, Juno, and Benjjive is trying to add a new spin on today's hip and rock music. Member O80 gave me the opportunity to ask him what makes the T. Katz different from anybody else.


Descibe The Thunderkatz for me.

DH: Simply said The Thunderkatz, now The T.Katz due to the powers that be, is the future.
When I started The Thunderkatz I wanted it to be a hybernation of music that I loved and listened to. At that time it was rock, hiphop, and pop, shit like that. Now my musical taste has changed a little bit and so has The Thunderkatz. The movement is to take different mentalities swirling them together rather than "hybrid" music. Me being a song writer and Ginger being an ill song writer we just let composition speak to us and say, alright what type of kids are we trying to reach with this one. One joint might be for the hipster kat, the other joint might be for the younger more impressionable kid, and another just might be something selfish and completely for ourselves. So rather then the movement being hybrid music it's morphed into a soundtrack of music for peoples lives.

How did the group form?

DH: The group didn't really form it grew and it wasn't really created it was birthed. Basically friends that did music seperetely decided to do it together. Out of that song writers mentality a really ill band formed that is a whole other force and intity itself.

You were a production assistant so what made you want to step from thebackground to into the studio?

DH: I basicly grew up. Almost instantly after being told what to do I realized I was terrible at taking orders and was more like Carnage Mellon than Bently Fansworth (not a dis at bently cuz he's dope he just had the band on his show from g'z to gents.)

What was your backup plan in case this music thing didn't go the way you wanted?

DH: Well I kinda always worked in the music business so my back up plan was working in the business in some other capacity. But my manager BJ called me hot dog man because I had a hot dog and smoothie spot in union new jersey while I was saving up to move to atlanta. The place was owned by my pops and my aunt.

What makes the group any different from other artists we read aboutand never hear from again?

DH: Well you don't really read about us much cuz T. Katz is a buzz word so kind of having no success yet is dope cuz you only have up to go. I know I didn't answer the question right, but what is right anyway and why does it sound the same as write and have a completely different meaning? Now that's wrong!

Why are The Thunderkatz "on the verge?"

DH: T. Katz are on the verge of shooting a music video for our single called "Anything". Why? Cuz our pedal is stuck to the floor even with at a red light my instick is to floor. I instill that in the rest of my band members.

T. Katz

No comments: